off to the wilderness

Well, first off, I want to say thank goodness that all the loud bangs I've been hearing these past two days are firecrackers and not gunfire. For a few moments last night, I thought there was a gang war going on a few blocks away. Such is how one thinks when living in Oakland, even if this is usually a pretty safe neighborhood.

We're off to Desolation Wilderness for a week's stay. Thankfully the recent wildfire near South Lake Tahoe missed it, but not by much. We hiked through here on our way around Lake Tahoe in 2005, and it was beautiful, so I'm really glad to be going back and taking it at a slower pace.

While you're waiting for me to come back and update this (well I guess no one's holding their breath), here are a few pictures from my 5 day backpacking trip to Ventana Wilderness by Big Sur.

I hope you're having a good summer!

No comments: