back from Seattle

Seattle was great. I spent as much time as I could taking busses out to different neighborhoods, walking around downtown, and visiting art galleries and museums. There was a particularly nice selection of photography at the Henry Art Gallery at the University of Washington, and it was free admission thanks to the Boeing Corporation. The first night we had dinner with Robin's friend from high school who she looked up on Facebook. On day two, I contacted a photographer, Doug Plummer, whose blog I've read for the past year or so. He graciously took the time to have lunch with me and I absorbed all the advice I could over a plate of Pad Thai.

After Robin's conference, we rented a car and drove out around the Olympic Peninsula where we spent a couple nights camping. The Hoh Rain Forest was amazing (this area has the only temperate rain forest in North America), and I always enjoy a drive up the Pacific Coast. If I were to do it all again, I'd love to stay longer; it was our first time in Washington and the Seattle area. Pictures will be coming over the next few weeks.

I've put up some of the pictures from our Desolation Wilderness backpacking trip in July. You can see them here.

GMK_20070707_2668

There's nothing like sledding in July!
(Thanks to Webb, who's Therm-a-rest pad suffered at least one puncture on this afternoon.)

And finally, a note: this blog will be moving to my own website in the near future. The content will shift to mostly photography information, but I'll be sure to also include the occasional update about what's going on with me. I'm beginning the process of coming out with my identity as a fine art photographer--a plan that is somewhat open ended, but looks to yield some exciting possibilities.

1 comment:

LaurieK said...

Sounds like a fun trip! We look forward to seeing the pictures :)
Glad to see you continuing with your passion for photography and we hope to hear more about your trip to Seattle.